As Scholarship is an award for a student to continue his studies. Scholarships are awarded on different criteria like now a day”s Scholarships are awarded on merit, need based, sports base or on other different criteria according to typical condition of Area.
In Pakistan there is much type of Scholarships which are below:
Merit Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academics and student performance in studies. These Merit Scholarships are also awarded to the sports persons and other person by determining merit on different basis. There are different scholarships awarded in Merit Scholarships which are given below.
PEEF (Punjab Education Endowment Fund): is an organization of Punjab government for the purpose to give financial help to desiring and bright student of Punjab. PEEF is also awarding scholarships to the student of other provinces.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab under the leadership of Chief Minister Mr. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif.
PEEF have different department inside itself which are working for different purposes.
PEEF scholarships, Youth Development Center and PEEF Financial are the department which awarding scholarships to student.
Merit Criteria for PEEF Scholarships
- Student should have domicile of Punjab.
- Student Must Have secured 60% marks or 2.5 CGPA in last Annual Examinations.
- Should be a regular student in past.
- Get admission as regular Student or Full time student in partner universities.
- Fulfill the criteria of university in which he got admission for scholarship.
Student must be a regular student of (Getting 60 percent marks in previously Examination)
PEEF is also awarding scholarships to the topper student of Matric, Intermediate and Graduation on District, Tahsil and Board level in Punjab. For thus scholarships, students should contact with his school administration.
PEEF also have specific Quota for
- Orphan Children”s
- Children of government servants in BPS 1 – 4
- (children of both serving and retired Govt. servants are eligible)
- Children belonging to minority religion
- Special Children
PEEF is also awarding scholarships to specific areas on different basis like previous 2 years PEEF awarded many Scholarships to the student belonging to flood damaged areas. Student having problems in studies can also apply for PEEF Scholarships to continue their studies.
Too see more detail about PEEF Scholarships please visit here.
HEC Merit Scholarships
HEC awarding scholarships on merit and Need Based with the collaboration by USAID.Â Merit Criteria for thus scholarships are as below:
- Scholarships are available at undergraduate & graduate levels in the prescribed disciplines (Agriculture Sciences & Business Administration) at the Partner Pakistani Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions.
- Students need to secure admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per their admission policy and be enrolled in Undergraduate / Graduate programs.
- Only those students who will enroll in first professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be from the rural areas of Pakistan.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family
For more detail and how to apply click here:
HEC Need Based Scholarships
According to a survey by GOP (Govt of Pakistan), there are 80 percent of families which cannot afford expenses of there Childs even of public sector universities. So for this reasons, HEC starts Need based scholarships program to give financial help to needy and poor student to continue their studies. Â On need based Purpose HEC also awarding scholarships to students who are deserving and needy.
To See detail visit click here.
HEC Foreign Scholarships
HEC foreign scholarships are also a program of HEC for student who wants higher studies overseas. For this purpose every year HEC announced scholarships and take a test to awarding HEC overseas scholarships. Criteria for HEC overseas Scholarships are as below:
- Pakistani nationals/AJK nationals.
- Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of education in Engineering / Social Sciences (as mentioned in other disciplines list) Discipline for MS leading to PhD and eighteen (18) years of education for PhD in Engineering / Social Sciences (as mentioned in other disciplines list) Discipline with a first division or 2.5/4 CGPA or 3.5/5 scores whichever is applicable.
- For Engineering Disciplines, applicant must provide the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
- A maximum of two second-division passes throughout the academic career prior to the final degree (refer to Clause No. 2.)
- Not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
- Maximum age on 31.03.2017 should be 35 years for all others and 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities / Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications on / or before 31.03.2017.
- Candidates who already hold any other HEC scholarship offer are not eligible to apply.
To See More detail Please click Here: